LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ NXT is an incredible new kit for building and programming your own robotic inventions. Maximum Lego NXT introduces a diverse set of projects, building tips, programming code, complete 3D rendered building instructions and hundreds of illustrations to help you realize your robotic dreams.
Using Java™, the most popular and easy to use programming language available, this book will give you endless entertainment and exploration. It introduces the new LEGO® NXT kit, including the NXT intelligent brick and Bluetooth™.
• Easy to follow instructions by the author of Core LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ Programming
• Explanations for all available sensors and expansion products available for the NXT kit, including unique projects interfacing a video camera, cell phone, GPS, data gloves, and many more
• An exciting collection of 14 robots, including a chess playing robot, an exoskeleton for your hand, a Mars Rover, a robotic arm you can control through the Internet, a 3D object scanner, soccer robots, and many more
• Introduces over two dozen in-depth programming projects including navigation, mapping, precise robotic arm control, voice control and global localization
• Artificial Intelligence concepts including Vision analysis, Rodney Brooks’ Subsumption Architecture, and Reinforcement Learning
• Exciting projects that use third-party sensors like compass, tilt sensor, and port expanders
• A full chapter on building with the new LEGO stud-less brick paradigm.
• A complete tutorial on programming Java™
• How to install a free development environment for leJOS NXJ, the Java™ Virtual Machine for the NXT
• Foreword by Søren Lund, Director of LEGO MINDSTORMS