With user-friendly instructions for the leJOS NXJ software, this accessible manual is the perfect launch into LEGO Mindstorms NXT, an incredible kit for building and programming robots. Using Java, the most popular and easy-to-use programming language available, this book helps engineers and amateurs alike design and build their own customized robots, programmed however they desire. A diverse set of projects is accompanied by building tips, programming code, complete 3D-rendered building instructions, and hundreds of illustrations. The NXT intelligent brick’s Bluetooth capabilities are introduced, as are the newest available parts, from GPS to the RFID sensor, in this useful handbook that serves as the perfect compliment to the LEGO NXT kit.
p. 367 Ballbot cable connections:
While viewing the picture of Orbot on page 366 of Intelligence Unleashed, plug the cables in as follows (e.g. the left motor is on the left side of the page):
- Port B to the left motor (short cable)
- Port C to the right motor (medium)
- Port 2 to the right sensor (medium)
- Port 4 to the left sensor (medium)
Ensure all cables are wrapped around the frame of the robot to prevent cables from wagging while the robot is in motion.
* Note: You can also connect a single Dexter Industries dIMU to port S3. See commented code sample Orbot.java in downloads.